Friday, July 06, 2007

Under the name of Sanders...well, almost

One of my favourite bits of the Winnie-the-Pooh books is where we are introduced to Pooh, who “lived in a forest all by himself under the name of Sanders.”

“What does “under the name” mean? asked Christopher Robin.”

“It means he had the name over the door in gold letters and lived under it.”

Well, I don't have my name over the door in gold letters, but it is now printed in black on the door bell buttons of the new apartment block.

My 19 boxes from home arrived today, so I have a few more items to make my life a little more comfortable as well as some photos of the family. I have been missing them all dreadfully this week. Ellie is off on holiday next week, but Stephanie and Sally will be here next weekend. I can't wait to see them.


Here is what my new apartment block looks like. The door is just behind the car, my apartment is on the second floor (the ground floor is called the first floor, as in the US, just to confuse us Brits). You can see my balcony just above the back end of the car. It will seat two people and their drinks!

More unpacking over the weekend and I hope I will be able to move in by Sunday. The washing machine arrives on Wednesday and hopefully the broadband connection won't be long after that.

No comments: