Friday, July 27, 2007

An Englishman in New York...

"In the heart of little old New York, you'll find a thoroughfare.
It's the part of little old New York that runs into Times Square."


In case you don't recognise them, these are the opening lines of the song 42nd Street. Only a few weeks ago, I was singing these on stage in our village amateur dramatic show. Yesterday I passed 42nd Street in a taxi on my way back to JFK airport to fly back after my New York visit and I couldn't get that song out of my head! Here I am with Times Square as a backdrop.

The previous evening, I had dinner with some of my new work colleagues at The Striped Bass in Tarrytown. We sat outside on a glorious summer evening for a couple of drinks and then had an excellent meal...too much, of course. I should not have had the Pecan Pie, but it was delicious. Thanks to Laurie for looking after me this week!


Ah well, back on the diet next week.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few weeks ago??
mark,ur living in the past!!
it was a couple a months ago..LOL!!

and yes!!the lyrics have hardly left my head!!

glad your doing good..if you havent heard the panto is snow white..again!!

take care.
kay.