Friday, July 20, 2007

The magic of the movies

My thanks to Mark and the UK comms team for inviting Stephanie and me to a screening of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night at BAFTA in London. It was a great chance to catch up with some UK media contacts and see the new movie (which was good).

There was a competition to find the best Harry and Dumbledore lookalikes from amongst the journalists and their guests. We dressed up and posed in front of a blue screen, our images were then superimposed onto a moving sky background. The photo shows me attempting to be Harry. I was aptly described by one of the UK PR agency team as resembling "a newsreader on a stick".

Before the movie we were treated to some great close-quarters magic by Mark Williams. I love to see live magic and he was very impressive. My dad would have loved it too!

Afterwards, Stephanie and I sat through the credits, waiting for the name of the actor playing the young James Potter, Harry's father, in one of the flashback scenes. Watch out for Robert Jarvis, a star in the making. He's also the younger brother of Rebecca, our daughter Ellie's oldest friend. Nice job, Robbie!

No comments: