Friday, July 20, 2007

Catching up...

It has been a day for meeting new colleagues and catching up with some old ones. On the train up to London to meet with my new PR agency, I bumped into Georgina Heaume, who was one of my old team's PR placement students a couple of years ago. She has just graduated from Bournemouth University and is looking for a PR job; she was on her way up to town for an interview. If you know anyone who is looking for an enthusiastic and capable PR recruit, let me know.

I arrived a little late for the agency meeting due to dreadful weather and slow trains; the new team were very welcoming. I shall say nothing more about them yet, as they told me they were already reading this blog!

Afterwards, I met with a former boss for lunch. Valerie Di Maria is now SVP & group marketing and communications director for Willis. It was great to catch up with her; we both seem to be enjoying our new roles!

I also caught up with Mike Daniels and Sarah Potter from Report International. I've worked with them for several years now and in my view, their company is one of the best in providing insightful media analysis. They are also great people to work with.

It's been a great day, despite the weather. Now for some R&R and a curry at my favourite Indian restaurant, the Shapla in Alresford. Yum!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Now who is the "torturer"?!! Hope you had a nice ale with that curry. Jon

Andrew said...

Boy oh boy, did you pick the wrong weekend to return home! I returned home to Warwickshire very late on Friday night to find our town had been transformed into Waterworld. You can see Stratford under water on the blog. Hope you get back to Finland safe.