Sunday, July 29, 2007

Something for the weekend...

Being back in the UK for the second weekend in a row seemed a real treat. After a day working at the office in Farnborough, I had the chance to catch up with a former colleague over a pint of Doom Bar at the Lord Derby in North Warnborough. Then on for a curry with the family at the Shapla to start another great weekend.

We met up with my parents at the Spinnaker Inn near Southampton. Mum and Dad are coming to visit me in Helsinki in September with my sister, so Stephanie and I were able to talk about some of the places to visit. Of course, Dad has already done a lot of research!

Saturday evening was due to be a barbecue with some friends, but the English weather defeated us. I still cooked outside, sheltering under the parasol intended to keep the patio shady, but we ate indoors.

Sunday morning was a surprisingly satisfying mix of chores. There is something reassuring about doing these, which had been my regular weekend routine before I moved to Helsinki. And now, I am in the British Airways lounge at Heathrow, grabbing a few minutes online before boarding my flight to Helsinki. Now it's time to head for gate 22.....

No comments: