Friday, July 13, 2007

The cable guy...

The arrival of my TV on Wednesday meant it was only a matter of time before I got cable TV hooked up. Was it difficult? Not at all. I walked into the Welho shop at 6.30pm last night (they don't close until 7pm) and a very enthusiastic (English speaking, of course) assistant sorted everything out for me.

I bought a hard disk twin tuner cable box (my former Motorola colleagues will be sad to hear I could not buy one of theirs) for €369 and then €20.50 a month for their Forte channel package. Because all the apartments are pre-wired for cable, the service to my apartment was live before I got home and plugged it all in. So, I was able to do my ironing last night watching My Family and The Hairy Bikers. What bliss! It made ordering Sky+ in the UK seem like torture.

No comments: