Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Domestic bliss?

The weekend visit from my wife and youngest daughter went by far too quickly. I hadn't seen Sally for three weeks; the longest we've been apart since she was born. Though we've been speaking by phone and chatting via the PC, it was lovely to have her and Stephanie here with me. We made a trip to Ikea on Saturday so that she could choose bedding and curtains for her room and then had some good family time, walking around the city, eating out and catching the tram home. Sunday was spent hanging curtains, after which Stephanie declared the apartment a proper home from home. Waving goodbye to them at the airport on Sunday was tough, but I'm flying back to the UK on Wednesday evening. I'll have a couple of days working there and then on Sunday I fly to the US for my first ever visit to New York to meet the team there. I'm flying back via the UK so I'll have two weekends there in a row, which will be great.

The arrival of my new washing machine and dryer, delayed until this evening, meant that I have had the fun of washing and ironing until now. Thank goodness for the boxed set of House DVDs, they have helped me deal with all this domesticity! If you've not seen it yet, it's a US series featuring British actor Hugh Laurie. Well worth a try.

No comments: