Sunday, July 08, 2007

Found a local

So, I've moved in to the new apartment. Yesterday was spent unpacking and tidying (don't laugh) and today I've continued. With some pictures on the wall and the PC set up, it is feeling more like home and ready for visitors.

I went for a walk yesterday and discovered Tervasaari, s small promontory from where you can get great views of Helsinki. As it was a warm evening, several residents had been washing their rugs, a traditional activity for summer.

Today I ventured forth for some shopping. I stopped for sustenance at Molly Malone's, an Irish bar near to the apartment and had half a litre of Guinness (a little less than an Imperial pint, a little more than a US pint). I had another for my Irish-American buddy Mike, who would have loved the bar. I got chatting to a Scotsman who met a Finnish girl in Helsinki, married her. moved to Sweden and now makes a living playing music in pubs around the continent. He took the photo of me and thought it would be better if the shot was at a jaunty angle, to simulate his hangover from the previous evening.

No comments: