Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ...

How exciting. I woke this morning to a beautiful white carpet over the yard behind my apartment block, four or five centimetres of snow had fallen overnight, following a cold (-4 degrees) and clear day.

A couple of kids from the apartments built a snowman and Dad was then summoned to capture the image on his camera. Sadly, before I could get mine, the sweeper which had been clearing the road and pavements also drove into the yard and moved all the snow, including the short-lived Frosty.

The view is from my balcony after the sweeper had been. Gunther (my Audi) is the fourth car on the left. I flew this afternoon to Amsterdam for a business trip and decided to take a taxi rather than drive to the airport. Of course, I have my winter tyres on the car already, but my suitcase has wheels rather than skis!

Last night, I walked back from the city centre in the dark. In the square (Senatoori) in front of the cathedral there is now a Christmas tree. The photo shows the view from the centre of the square looking up the steps of the cathedral. It felt very cold; I even had the ear flaps of my hat down - my daughters would likely have disowned me, had they been there!

No comments: