Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Somewhere to live

I had a busy day in Helsinki scouting for apartments. After some initial disappointment, I had the choice of two in the Kruununhaka district of Helsinki. I will be living on Snellmaninkatu, which was named for J.V. Snellman, one of the most influential architects of Finnish society. My Swedish friends Lasse and Gunnel will be interested to know that he was born in Stockholm!

The apartment is right on the numbers 1 and 7 tram lines, close to several bus routes and less than 1km from the railway station.

Thanks to Kati from Finland Relocation Services for her help in finding the apartment and helping with my education about J.V. Snellman.

Now I can't wait to start shopping for furniture and furnishings - shareholders in Ikea should be very pleased!

No comments: