Friday, June 22, 2007

Pack up your troubles....

Today is Midsummer in Finland, a public holiday, so I came home to spend some time with the family and pack up some items for the removal company.

The guys have just left with the stuff I'm shipping over to Finland. Not much, I thought, just a few clothes, pictures to remind me of home, some kitchenware, my PC and, of course, a brand new trouser press. (You can take the man out of England, but you can't take England out of the man!).

It was 19 separate packages. It nearly filled the van. Thank heavens I'm not moving the whole house. I don't know how my friends who relocate their whole family manage!

Tonight is my leaving drinks with my friends and former colleagues in Basingstoke. I'm looking forward to catching up with them. Perhaps I'll post some pictures next time.

No comments: