Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Party time

Today was my new employer's summer party, for employees in the Helsinki metropolitan area. It was held at the Kaisaniemi park in Helsinki and the programme included performances by Nokia´s own bands as well as the Nokia House Band 2007 from the Pop & Jazz Conservatory. Jari Sillanpää and Idols finalist Katri Ylander also entertained at the party, with MC Jone Nikula. Several thousand employees attended and it was great fun, I did enjoy listening to the tributes to Queen and other classic bands.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm really enjoying your blog, Mark.

On my drive home last night I listened to Peter Day's "In Business" show on Radio 4. He was examining the role of Government help in research and he found that Finland's program of investment in technology in the '70's had a profoundly positive effect on the country. Nokia was, of course, held up as a shining example (didn't know that Nokia started life as a paper company!). Here's a link to the radio program if you want to listen to it (available for six more days): http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/inbusiness

Glad you are settling into your new school and let me know if anyone bullys you!

Mark said...

Andrew, thanks. I have just listened, very interesting. The company apartment I am staying in temporarily is in Nokia's old cable factory, in one wing of which Nokia's efforts in electronics began.