Thursday, March 05, 2009

Two Left feet ...

My new shoes arrived today. I happened to be at home when the Posti man called and delivered them into my hands.

It has been a month since I was measured for them, so I was keen to see how they looked and, more importantly, fitted.

You can see more pictures in my album on Ovi Share, but in short they arrived in the box, plastic wrapped for shipping. Each shoe was in a soft cloth bag with the two wrapped in tissue paper; it was like opening a birthday present I had sent to myself!

They look rather smart and the right shoe is personalised with my name and customer number, ready to order more direct from their website. The left lace is customised with a badge bearing the Left logo, just in case I was not clear which foot it was for!

And so to try them on. They fit well, quite a different feeling than buying ready made shoes which fit where they touch. I have had them on all afternoon in the apartment and am fairly certain I am going to like them. One of my colleagues has warned me that they are an addictive experience!

No comments: