Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A fine mess....

I have been caught breaking the law. I parked outside my apartment last night, rather closer to the pedestrian crossing than I have before, as finding a space is proving difficult. This morning I had a ticket for being within 5 metres of the crossing and a bill for 40 Euros, the same as it costs me for a six month parking permit for parking on the street. The good news is that I don't have to report to the police station and have been able to pay the fine already using my Nordea netbank account.

So why did I do it? There was another car parked across the street the same distance as me from the crossing, so I assumed it was OK. He didn't have a ticket this morning. Why? He has diplomatic plates on his car! I must write a letter to my embassy...perhaps they have a spare set!

No comments: