Sunday, August 19, 2007

I left my knee..in San Francisco...

Well, not really, but I did take a bit of a tumble over the unfeasibly large kerb stones on the sidewalk outside our hotel on the first night we were in that city. We had arrived late, the bar was closed, room service had ended and a couple of the 21+ members of our party fancied a glass of wine. I tripped over before I found the liquor store and had imbibed, should the more cynical amongst you suspect I had fallen foul of bacchanalian indulgence. I was tired, it was dark and I was distracted; a nasty graze and ripped shorts were the result. I got about as much sympathy from my family as I sense you are feeling, gentle reader.

More photographs will follow on the blog, but as we are now back in England, the day has consisted of feeding the washing machine with the result of two weeks of living out of suitcases...of which we acquired three more whilst in the US, brimming with the treasure gleaned from numerous malls. Surprisingly, I bought four pairs of shoes, exceeding Stephanie's normal prowess at footwear shopping.

Tomorrow I fly back to Helsinki and anticipate a week of evenings spent ironing. Such domestic bliss! I hope the exercise will help me lose some of the additional ballast gained from eating out twice a day for the last fortnight!

No comments: