Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Easter bun-nies ...

I blogged last year about some of the Easter traditions here in Finland. This year, I decided to do just a little to share one of ours from the UK, so during my team meeting this week we had Hot Cross Buns which I imported at the weekend.

This was somewhat of a logistical challenge. As they are traditionally served hot (!), I needed to find a way of warming them and concluded that the microwave in the office kitchen would not suffice. So, I brought in my toaster from home. I did wonder whether the health & safety folk might object, but we avoided setting off the smoke detectors, so I think I got away with it!

The buns proved popular, as expected, since they are similar to some of the Finnish pulla. I hope that one of the beliefs about the buns holds true; if you share them with someone, you supposedly ensure friendship for the coming year. I am fortunate to have a great team already, but there's no harm in taking out a little insurance!

No comments: