Friday, February 01, 2008

Free speech ...

You may have noticed the new items in the sidebar. Through the wonders of Talkr.com, you can now listen to my blog posts as audio. For those of you who enjoy the slightly robotic twang of your satnav, this could be right up your street. Underneath the radio panel, there is a button which will allow you to subscribe for posts on your podcasting software, such as iTunes or, though I haven't tried it for this feed yet, the Nokia podcast client on your mobile device.

I've put this up really to demonstrate some interesting technology, rather than because I think it is really cool. Personally, I find it a little unsettling to hear my words spoken in a female American accent. That probably rules me out as a Hollywood screenwriter, then!

Let me know what you think... use the comments box or drop me a mail.

1 comment:

John said...

You might want to also check out Odiogo. It's a similar text-to-speech blog reader, but the voice seems to less robotic than Talkr, at least in the ones I've heard.

http://www.odiogo.com/