Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new angle on the blog ...

Regular readers may have noticed that the my blog header (the title bit above with the name on) has changed from just text to a photo.

The panoramic picture was taken on my Nokia N95 8GB with PanoMan, an excellent add-on application from bit-side GmbH. I think it may be the best €9.99 I have ever spent on software. Really easy to use; it helps you pan across the scene you are taking and then stitches the frames together to create one image file.

In case you don't recognise the view, it is looking towards the city from the market square (Kauppatori), the open space you can see in the webcam image at the left.

I walked through the square today on my Sunday afternoon excursion to Cafe Ursula for lunch. We ate there last time Stephanie and Sally were over, but drove there. Today, the sky was trying to snow, but not making a very good job of it. The weather was cold enough to need a coffee when I got to the cafe but clear enough to enjoy the views on the way. The picture shows the sun setting around 4pm when I left to walk home.


1 comment:

Andrew said...

It's a great photo!