Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year ...

We've just finished taking down the Christmas decorations. It's always a sad moment, seeing the colourful items that have brightened the house for the last few weeks being packed away, but now we have the corner of the room back where the tree stood. The next job is packing my suitcase to fly back to Helsinki tomorrow.

It has been good to have time at home with the family. Even the little things, like the chance to drive my youngest daughter to school for a couple of days, seem more special now that I don't get to do them all of the time. We've also had a chance to visit friends and family and have others here with us for my birthday and for drinks after Christmas. To all of our friends, seen and unseen this holiday season, a Happy New Year.

I've spent the last few days trying to counter the effects of some overindulgence. As usual, I am off the booze for January. I'm also back on LighterLife, the program that helped me shed 20Kg (around 45lbs) between March and June last year. So, if I seem a little grumpy when you see me, you'll know why!

British Airways have also given me some good news. As of Monday, they're allowing two items of hand luggage on flights from Heathrow again. So, I have some chance of getting the glass Iittala bird I received on a training session in New York back to Finland, where it started life, without breaking it. But as I am travelling on Sunday, it will have to be next trip.

No comments: