Saturday, October 13, 2007

Winter draws on...

The week has ended well. Gunther the Audi is back, two weeks away having a new transmission system fitted, after the first failed less than 24 hours after he was delivered. The dealership realised that this was not good and so by way of apology the car was delivered back with a golf umbrella on the back seat and a rather "bling" key ring, which has a detachable Audi logo that doubles as a token for the supermarket trolleys. So that makes it all OK, then!

On Friday morning, we had our first snow of the season, though it didn't settle. The temperature was -1ยบ Celsius (below freezing in Fahrenheit) and it was raining as I drove to work. To make me feel a little warmer on Friday evening I tried Rodolfo, an Italian restaurant within walking distance of my apartment. It was excellent, a great salmon pasta to start, calzone and green salad to follow, with tiramisu, a doppio espresso and grappa to finish. Even though I needed a hat, scarf and gloves to walk there and back, my mood was lifted considerably!

No comments: