Sunday, October 07, 2007

Rockin' all over the world...

Another great weekend at home draws to a close and I'm back at Heathrow waiting for my flight back to Helsinki. Ellie came home too from her new digs in Bath so it was great to have the family together. Saturday evening was a pub night at the Christy Hall in Old Alresford, a short walk from home, with the added attraction of an excellent live band, "Beatz Working", who played a great range of rock, pop and soul music from the era of my sixth-form discos up to current stuff. Live music and a few pints of Godfather's in the company of family and friends, who could ask for more? Congratulations to the hall committee for organising the event, which was supported by Hampshire County Council's Hog the Limelight scheme.

I had a good chat with Mike, the lettings secretary for the hall, who met his Finnish wife Vienna when he was working in Helsinki several years ago. Apparently she has been casting her critical eye over my Helsinki restaurant reviews in the Village Voice, for which I am the roving food reporter.
Today was a mix of comforting domestic chores and a pub lunch at one of our locals, the Crown at Axford. Then a quick spot of packing and I'm off, looking forward to getting my new Internet radio, bought on eBay, up and running when I get back.

No comments: