Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This paperless office idea will never catch on ...

HP have mailed me to say that from September 15, the HP Blog Printing service will be shutdown. I have therefore removed the printing icons from the blog. I know this will inconvenience at least one of my readers (sorry Mum), so have been investigating an alternative.

If you want to try HP Smart Web Printing, you can download an application to your Windows XP or Vista PC. It adds a button into your browser which then allows you to select part of a browser window (for example, one blog post) and clip that either for immediate printing or to print as one of a selection of clips. Once you have clipped it, you can resize it too (useful for those who want larger type). At first glance, this looks quite useful.

Please try it out and let me know what you think. I am going to be doing the same.

No comments: